Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Job!

Yep!

I applied for a job at the hospital about 3 weeks ago. They called me yesterday and told me to come in today and start filling out paper work! And even better? I never even got an interview! LOL! So now I owe a huge thank you to our friend Wendy. She's the one who told me they needed someone and recommended me.I know she only did it so she wouldn't have to pull anymore night shifts, but hey, I'll take it any way I can get it. I'll have to buy her a 12 pack for this one. LOL

What will I be doing?

Admitting new patients into the E.R. Woot! Office job (kinda) baby! I'm thrilled with the prospect of a job where I'm not killing my feet and lower back. I'm a little nervous though, since I've never done this kind of work before. BUT... I'm a smart woman and I catch on fast, so nervousness aside, I'm not too worried about it.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the hours. I'll be working 7pm-7am. Same hours that Allen works and that's cool, I'm just worried about being able to stay awake! As it is, I'm about 3.5 hours shy of being able to stay up that long.

Anyways, gotta go. Got clothes to wash and I really need to eat something.

Peace

7 comments:

  1. That is just SAN FRANTASTIC!!!

    You'll get the hang of the job in no time :)

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from filling out all my paperwork, and am now waiting for the drug test and background check to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Amy !!! I'm proud for you !!!
    I have a friend that's an engineer that's been out of work going on a year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats girl wish you great days aheadx

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats girl wish you great days aheadx

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats girl wish you great days aheadx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yayyyy!!!

    That's wonderful news for you. You'll get used to working nights ... I used to love working the night shift.

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete