Friday, November 6, 2009

Work Update

I do more and more every day. Yesterday I got to sit in the big girl chair (main admit window) all day! I did almost all of the admits, ALL the discharges and a good deal of the ref. labs. It was a good day. Then I get this one patient...I get him almost totally admitted, ask when he's here for, and he say "Car accident, but I've already been seen, I just need to use the phone'
*blank stare*
(cue Alley McBeal 'if thoughts could kill' scene)

So I delete his file and just as I'm about to hand him the phone....someone opens the door and a rush of air hit me....along with this guys B.O.
 O.M.G.
He smelled so fraking bad, I had to FORCE myself not to gag. He sat there a good 10 minutes, made 7 phone calls on the hospitals dime....but since he was looking for someone to come pick him up, I had to let him. Thankfully he was gone shortly after he finally got a hold of someone. I don't know how much more I could have handled. Ugh!

So....aside from the smellies....and the huge knot in between my shoulder blades from sitting at the computer for so long....I'm kinda liking this new gig.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're liking your new job!!

    I can just imagine the stories you could tell working nights in the ER lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work graveyards as a security guard for Tyson Foods, where they take chicken and turn them into food for us. Its OH so exciting....lol

    ReplyDelete