Sunday, September 4, 2011

Been a while

       Man! Its been so long since I've blogged. Literally years. I miss writing, so when Eddie sent me a request to 'fan' his blog, I thought what the hell I'll give it another go. Prolly wont post very often, I don't actually spend a lot of time online unless I'm on my game (FFXI). Don't know what that is? Google it! Coz you know Google has the answer to everything, lol.

     So, what do I write about? Hmm....
I could bitch about how much I loathe my job at the grocery store deli, but love my Assistant Manager to pieces. She's the only reason I've stayed there this long. Well...her and the fact hat on my days off I stay at the house rather than look for a job coz my feet hurt SO damn bad.My feet!  I could bitch for DAYS about how much they hurt me. I need to get to a doctor about them but I don't have the money. If Jason was working, I would but he's been out of work for a while now and not having any luck finding a job. /sigh

      I could bitch about how much I long for Jason, me and the boys to be in a place of our own. Our own home....oh my what a thought. I would love to be able to do a  few things MY way, instead of having to ask permission for everything. Ugh! Timmy and Austin (Jason's sons) are so spoiled. Not in a theyre allowed to do anything and get what they want kind of way....but in a they don't do anything for themselves kind of way. How many 12 & 15 yr olds do you know who still get their dinner plate made for them. Even more....how many do you know who still get their meat CUT FOR THEM! Drives me insane. We get our own place and that shit will be changing. They will also be taught a few things. Like how to cook a meal on their own, how to wash a dish the proper way. How to wash their own laundry. Timmy is 15 yrs old, will be moving out on his own in just a few short years, and has NO CLUE how to survive! My boys were washing dishes and doing laundry and cooking since they were 8! Johnny LOVES to cook.
        So I think, and I'm sure Jason would be down with it, that once we get into our own place, once a week the boys will cook dinner. They will pick out a different recipe, they will do all the preparations, from getting the ingredients they need right down to prepping. They will cook it, they will serve it and they will handle all the clean up. They will also do all their own laundry, on top of cleaning their rooms and taking out the garbage every day. They need to learn these things.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you writing once again! Oh, and I was recently let go from my job, so I definitely can identify with some of the very poignant issues your post raised... Much love!

    ReplyDelete