Sunday, August 9, 2009

I know I know I know......

Why yes, that IS a new picture of me!

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, sorry bout that. Just haven't had anything to write about. Till the last week or so, our lives have been seriously uneventful. So, bad news or good news first?

Bad news.... okay... the old woman I sit for fell and broke her hip. Needless to say, kind of left me out of a job. Allen's mom is the one who found her and got her taken to the hospital, much to her daughters chagrin. She didn't want her there, in fact tried to take her home, making her walk on said broken hip, in effect, making it worse than it already was. Shortly after her surgery, she had a major stroke, which of course no one snapped to till she started aspirating her food. After a cat scan revealed the stroke, and they found she has pneumonia from aspirating her food, they took her in for surgery again and put her on a feeding tube.

After a very short deliberation between her 2 daughters, they decided to just remove the feeding tube, take her home and let her die. They say she wouldn't want to be alive if she was paralyzed, yet no one can find her living will.

Oh! While she was in the hospital, someone went into her house and stole her most expensive set of pearls. They're worth somewhere around 20k.

NOTE: I am totally convinced those greedy bitches just want mommy gone so they can have her money all to themselves.

Anyways, they're not feeding her at all, and they're barely letting her have any water. We figure she'll be dead before the week is out. I went to see her day before yesterday, talked to her a little bit, with her only response being a series of grunts. It was hard to see her that way, and I hate to say that I really didn't like the woman. She was mean to me. Still hated to see her like that, though. No one deserves to go like that.


The good news? I finally got a better job. The day after she was put in the hospital, I got a cashiering gig at Murphey USA (that's the gas station at most Walmarts) The job is a pain in the ass because I work alone and have an ass load of work to get done before the end of my shift and the store is ALWAYS busy. Since I'm working the closing shift, I have just a little more to do that any of the other cashiers. Bright side? I'm more active than I have been in the last long while, so maybe I'll start dropping some of this weight that I've managed to pack on.


The even better news? Allen finally found a job too! Yay! He's going to be working security for a local company. He hasn't started just yet, he has to call Monday to find out when his starting date is. BTW, he looks totally cute in his uniform....even though it's lame as far as uniforms go, lol. Down side is, he'll be working graveyard, so on the nights that he works, I'm gonna have to be a big girl and sleep alone. *pouts*

The upside? We can finally get his college books paid off so he can finish getting his associates. And you know what happens when that goal is met?


Dum dum dum dum! * do you hear wedding bells?*

=D

I cant wait!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love weddings. I always cry at them. I dunno, if it's out of happiness or sadness though.....hee heee

    Congratulations in order for both of you. WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful picture love you sorry to hear about your old lady and hope she is at peace..congrats on new jobs and for allen too love you both hugs jooslx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear my prayers to you allx

    ReplyDelete